6/21/2011

Moving Day

人気ブログランキングへ

Normally after a week-long adventure (such as ours), people usually go off to an onsen to relax and just take it easy to recuperate.
Not in my case though.
I worked, packed all my stuff and moved the week right after my family left Japan.
Crazy, right?


I visited the new place on Monday morning; the contract was delivered to us by Tuesday.
Negotiations and payment were done until Wednesday.
Thus, packing only started Tuesday night.
On Thursday morning, I received the key to my new place and continued to pack until I had to report for work.
Friday evening was the set date to move so I was frantically packing everything away until the truck came.
Saturday was the start of my workweek.
Argh!

nicole moving day


Here are some interesting points I would like to share with you:

1. Cramming is innate in me.

When I was a student, I survived high school and university examinations by cramming. It is something I wouldn't recommend but that's how I did it.
Until now, this habit has really proved hard to break.

nicole cramming



2. Now, I know how it feels to be a bum.

Not literally a homeless person. I just have a first-hand experience as to how people react towards a person toting boxes around.
When I needed some boxes, I went to the nearest supermarket to get some free boxes.
I carried them to my old place and received a lot of stares from the people whom I passed.
I found it hilarious!

nicole boxes



3. I have accumulated a lot of things.

As I was packing, I was in awe of the amount of things I have accumulated in the last 3 and half years.
How could I keep all those things that resulted to almost 30 boxes?!
It seemed that my room could expand at will.
Even the cable TV guy was shocked when he came in to cut my connection.
Half of my room was filled with boxes!

nicole packed boxes


4. I have a lot of stored energy.

I surprised myself for being able to do everything just after my Amazing Race.
Of course, the energy level was not the usual level but I was still able to do it.
That spoke volumes from somebody whose daily routine doesn't involve any form of exercise or heavy lifting.
I felt like I was the Energizer bunny... because I just kept going and going... and going...



5. Last but not the least, I am still young.

Sorry, I will not divulge my age even if you ask. (Note: it's never proper to ask a lady neither her age nor her weight)
After all that heavy lifting, I didn't feel any pain or ache the day after I moved.
Hurray!
However, I did have some bruises though from carrying some of the boxes.

nicole no pain



It's amazing what we could at certain times, right?
After everything that has been said and done, I am very much satisfied with my new place.
Now, if only I could get used to the idea that I have two rooms now to roam around...


Sources:

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiKvHt-YSmZRbJvdDLBA98L3gqy3fZUzDiVIGe82MXnAQllKB0YJ1eQynwWshd1CwmHsM8WKYKOkZD7d_klJyERV40Nai_ct-2g558FTlsY19o2vEfdLVCu5ol06MtYyhyJnazfvP3KO82H/s1600/moving-day.jpg
http://www.theblacksheeponline.com/uploaded/images/large/831304449712cramming.jpg
http://youtu.be/QxafIhYFOr0
http://www.legaljuice.com/no%20pain%20sign%20painfree%20free.jpg


人気ブログランキングへ