6/06/2011

The Amazing Race - Nippon Day 3 (Wednesday): Saitama

人気ブログランキングへ


Day Three (Wednesday): Saitama

On the third day of our trip, we came back to Saitama exhausted.
And what better way to relieve our fatigue than to have a dip in a hot pool?
Thus, off we went to Seiganji Onsen.
This was suggested by one of my learners.

As you might have guessed, my Mom and my sisters were a little unsure of themselves upon entering the changing room.
Before we started the onsen experience, I explained all the steps involved in using a hotspring.
Thinking back now, I think they didn't really listen to my explanation.
It was more of they were a little giddy with the idea of soaking in a hot pool in their birthday suit with other people.

nicole birthday suit


My exhausted mother and sisters enjoyed the treat.
Surprisingly, they were not so hesitant in joining the other naked women lounging in the pool.
Their reactions were so different from mine during my first onsen experience.
Probably, the difference could be because we were together in their first experience unlike mine (I was all alone).
Thus, I concluded that experiencing something very different from what you are accustomed to is better when done with other people.
It took the edge off.

nicole onsen







人気ブログランキングへ