12/18/2010

TIME's Person of the Year: Mark Zuckerberg

人気ブログランキングへ

Time magazine just recently named Mark Zuckerberg its "Person of the Year." With Facebook's population growing at a rate of 700,000 people a day, I think it is just a fair award for this young man's accomplishment.

nicole mz


A gazillion of blogs and websites have written about this amazing social networking site since their membership grew exponentially. But what really makes people go gaga over this SNS is its ability to connect people and bridge gaps.

For someone whose family members are scattered across the globe 地球, the birth of Facebook makes it very easy to be updated with each other's lives. Gone are the days that we have to pay steep overseas phone call 携帯 bills just to know what is going on. Now, all we have to do is log in to our Facebook account and connect with loved ones. How easy is that?

Yes, I spend some time checking the status updates of family members and friends. I also enjoy looking at pictures of events I have missed since I am so far away. A mere phone call cannot satisfy that hunger but Facebook can.

It's just 8 days before Christmas momi2*. A lot of parties are being planned on this happiest of times but I won't be able
to be a part of them. Still, with the help of Mark Zuckerberg's miracle, I would be able to connect with them in a way.


人気ブログランキングへ

Thanks for clicking.