12/19/2010

Bust a Move

人気ブログランキングへ


Characters: F: Felicity; M: Miki; K: Ken

A week after the Christmas party...

F: Guys, I'd like to thank you for attending DCEC's
Christmas party this year.
M: Don't mention it, Felicity. We had a blast!
K: You can say that again. Honestly, I was first
hesitant about joining but Miki talked me into it.
I must say, I came home with no regrets.
F: That's good to know but tell me, which part did
you enjoy best?
M: Hmm... That's a tough one.
K: I guess, it would have to be the games for me. The
first game was a bit challenging but I'm glad my
team bagged the first prize.
M: Oh yeah, congratulations! What was that game called
again?
F: The first game was "Letter to Santa." It was about
a little girl's wish list for
Christmas. Hats off to your team, Ken, you were
able to remember 12 items on the list.
M: I liked that game too, but I had a lot of fun with
my teammates during the "Hip Hip Hooray" game.
F: Oh, Miki, too bad your team lost. Don't worry, you
can try again next year. (winks)
M: Going back to your question, Felicity, did I tell
you that I enjoyed the presentations the most?
K: You don't say! I thought you were too embarrassed
to Hula dance.
M: I must admit, I had butterflies in my stomach all
throughout our performance but it was hella fun.
F: Kudos to your group for a job well done. I think
you had your dance steps memorized to a T.
K: But wait, Felicity, your performance was not bad
either. What is that dance called again?
M: It's the cha-cha-cha. It's a Latin dance, right,
Felicity?
F: You got that right, Miki. Don't worry, if you're up
for it, I'll teach you a step or two when we get a
chance.
K and M: Really?!
F: Certainly!
M: Would you mind teaching us during our Free Style
lesson?
F: Whaaaat? (surprised) You mean, t-t-t-oday? (sounds
nervous)
M: Oh, c'mon, Felicity, show us some moves.
K: Please???
F: OK guys, you win. Come on, up on your toes!
(asking Miki and Ken to stand up)
(facing the board)
The first step is your left foot forward. Then,
replace weight to right foot. Step left, right, left.
Then, right foot back. Got it?

Both learners were speechless.

F: What's the matter guys? Is everything OK?
K: Sorry, Felicity. I think I sprained my ankle doing
  the first step.
F and M: Uh-oh.


●Vocabulary

★bust a move‐ダンスする
★blast‐最高
★you can say that again‐大賛成、同感
★talk into‐説得する
★bag‐手に入れる
★hats off‐敬意を表す
(かぶっていた帽子を取り、深く頭を下げる動作を表す)
★hella‐hell of a ~の省略で「めっちゃ」や「超」の意味
★kudos‐称賛、栄光
★to a T‐正確に、正しく
★cha-cha-cha‐チャチャチャ(ラテン系ダンス)
★up for ~-~に乗り気で、~を必要として、~したい
★move‐ダンスの動き
★on one's toes‐いつでも動けるように準備する
★what's the matter‐どうしたの?、どこか具合が悪いの?
       など、様子の原因をたずねるときに言う



■「踊りましょう」

登場人物:  F: フェリシティ;   M: ミキ; K: ケン

クリスマスパーティーの1週間後…

F: みんな、今年のDCECクリスマスパーティに参加してくれて
  ありがとう。
M: お礼なんていらないよ、フェリシティ。最高に楽しかった!
K: その通り。正直、最初は参加するのちゅうちょしてたんだ
  けど、ミキがぼくを説得してくれたんだ。本当に、家に帰
った時、まったく後悔してなかったよ。
F: そう聞いてうれしいけど、どこが一番よかったか話して。
M: ん…それは難しいな。
K: たぶん、ぼくはゲームかな。最初のゲームはちょっと挑戦
  だったけど、ぼくのチームが最初の賞品を手に入れたとき
嬉しかったよ。
M: あ、そうね、おめでとう!何ていうゲームだっけ?
F: 最初のゲームは「サンタへの手紙」。小さい女の子のクリ
スマスに欲しい物リストのゲームよ。あなたのチームに敬
意を表すわ。ケン、あなたはリストの中の12個の物を覚え
ていることができたわよね。
M: あのゲームも楽しかったけど、私は「万歳」ゲームのとき
  チームメートととても盛り上がったわ。
F: ああ、ミキ、あなたのチームが負けて残念だったわね。大
丈夫、また来年チャレンジすればいいわ。(ウィンクする)
M: さっきの質問に戻るけど、フェリシティ、私はあなたたち
のプレゼンが一番楽しかったって言ったかしら?
K: まさか!フラダンスするの恥ずかしいって言ってたと思う
けど。
M: それは認める、パフォーマンスの間ずっとドキドキしっぱ
なしだったけど、超おもしろかった。
F: よくやったあなたのグループを称えるわ。ダンスのステッ
プは正確に覚えていたしね。
K: でも待って、フェリシティ、あなたのパフォーマンスも悪
くなかったよ。何ていうダンスだったかな?
M: チャチャチャよ。あれはラテンダンスよね、フェリシティ?
F: そうあってるわ、ミキ。 大丈夫、やってみたいなら、機会
  があればステップの一つや二つは教えてあげるわ。
K and M: 本当?!
F: もちろん!
M: フリースタイル レッスンのときに教えてもらえる?
F: えー?(驚く) ていうのは、きょ きょ 今日の話?
  (心配そうな声)
M: いいじゃない、フェリシティ、いくつか動きを見せてよ。
K: お願いできる?
F: わかったわ、あなたたちの勝ちね。いくわよ、準備して。
(ミキとケンに立ち上がるように言う)
(ホワイトボードに向かって立つ)
  最初のステップは左の足を前に出して。そして、右に重心
を移すの。左にステップ、右にステップ、左、右、左。そ
れから右の足を後ろに。わかった?

2人のラーナーとも無口になった。

F: どうかした、2人とも。大丈夫?
K: ごめん、フェリシティー。最初のステップのときに足首を
ひねったみたい。
F and M: あら、いけない。


人気ブログランキングへ

Thanks for clicking.