5/07/2012

Souvenirs



人気ブログランキングへ



今週は、音声付ダイアログの週です。
下記のリンクから、まず、ダイアログの音声を聞いて質問に答えて
下さい。


In Dela Cruz English Club, we pride ourselves on exceptional
 service and outstanding value. 
And since our learners' needs always come first, we are 
hereby launching a series of videos to improve English 
listening skill. 
The topics are from our own Mail Magazine which you have 
grown to love.

In "Souvenirs", a learner comes back from a trip and 
distributes his souvenirs.  
Let's listen in and see what he gives his classmates and 
DCEC staff.

1. Where did Masaru go? a. He went to the United States of America. b. He came back from the United Kingdom. c. Masaru went to the United Arab Emirates. 2. What did Masaru give DCEC? a. Some chocolates from America b. A coffee table book c. An artwork of DCEC's initial 3. Why will Julita put her souvenir beside her computer? a. She wants to look at it everyday. b. Because she will show it to other learners. c. Julita likes it so much and doesn't want other people    to look at it. Characters: J - Julita; S - Shima   Learners: M - Masaru; T - Terumi; K - Keiko ~A learner just returned from America. (Mr. Shima welcomes learners to the lobby) S: Welcome back, Masaru. How was your trip? M: Safe and sound. By the way, here are some souvenirs I'd like to give to DCEC. S: That's so kind of you. (Julita comes out of a classroom with her learners and then joins the group in the lobby) Look at these, Julita. They're from Masaru. J: Wow! These are cute! M: Thank you. This one's for DCEC. It's an artwork of our school's initials - DCEC. T: The color combination's great. M: Here's for you, Julita. I know you like pink, so I chose it. I hope you like it. J: Who wouldn't? I appreciate it very much. K: Hey, do you see what I see? I think the artist used animals as his fonts. J: Yes, I think he did. Wonderful, isn't it? M: And, these are for you, my dear classmates. T: Oh! A travel guidebook in San Fran. Thanks! K: Just my type. A picture book of nature. Thank you. M: Don't mention it. S: Let's post this on our bulletin board for everyone else to see. (Julita thinking deeply) T: How about you, Julita? Are you going to post that in your office? J: No, I won't. K: Perhaps in your apartment then? J: I don't think so. S: Where then? J: I'll just put it beside my PC. (Masaru surprised) S: (worried) Why? J: Because I'll personally show it to other learners. All: Ah. ●Useful and humorous expressions ★souvenir  おみやげ。英語圏の人はどちらかというと人に買うお土産というよりも  自分の記念品というケースが多いのですが、もちろん日本式のおみやげ  という時にも使うことはできます。  E.g. I bought several boxes of macadamia nut chocolate as a souvenir.    (お土産にマカデミアナッツチョコレートを数箱買った。) ★Safe and sound. safeで「無事な」という意味で、また、soundも「無傷で」というよう  な意味を持っています。  safe and sound で無事にという時の決り文句。 E.g. I pray I'll be home safe and sound from Iraq.    (どうかイラクから無事に帰れますように。) ★That's so kind of you. 直訳すれば「それはあなたはとても優しい」となりますが、この表現も  何かをもらったり、何かをしてもらった時に感謝を現す決り文句です。 E.g. Kuri, please give this to all DCEC staff to nibble. It's from England. That's so kind of you.    (くりちゃん、これDCECのみんなが食べられるように配ってくれる。      イギリスのなの。      わー、ありがとうございます。 ) ★Do you see what I see? そのまま訳すと私がわかった事をあなたもわかりますか、ということで  seeがここではわかるという意味で使われています。 この言い回しはいろいろ応用ができます。例えば  Do you feel what I feel? Are you thinking of what I'm thinking of?  E.g. (In a cemetery) Do you feel what I feel? Yes. I even have goose bumps.    (お墓で)    ねえ感じる?    ええ、鳥肌までたっちゃった。 ★Just my type.  日本でも女の子などが「あの人私のタイプ。」なんていうふうに  タイプを使いますよね。  typeは人でも物でも同じような質や特徴をもったグループの事を  さします。  E.g. (In a department store) Blessed, this would suit you well. Ah, just my type. (デパートで)    ブレセッド、これきっとあなたに似合うわ。    あー、ちょうど私の好みね。) ★Don't mention it.  「それについて言わないで」という事ですが、何かをしてあげた  時にそれに対するお礼を言われた時、相手にそんな必要はないで  すよと丁寧に言う時の決り文句。そのまま覚えましょう。  E.g. Thanks for your help to bring my baggage. Don't mention it. (荷物を運んでくれてありがとう。)    (どういたしまして。) ◆「おみやげ」 登場人物: J - ジュリータ; S - 島;      マサル -M; テルミ -T; ケイコ -K        ~一人の生徒がアメリカから帰ってきたところ  (島がロビーで生徒を出迎える) S: マサルさん、お帰りなさい。旅行はどうでした? M: ええ無事に帰ってきました。ところで、これDCECへのお土産です。 S: ご丁寧にありがとうございます。  (ジュリータが彼女の生徒と一緒にクラスルームから出てきてロビー のグループに加わる。) S: ほらジュリータ見てご覧。マサルさんからいただいたよ。 J: うわー、かわいい! M: ありがとう。これがDCECので、このスクールのイニシャルDCECを芸術   的に描いてもらったもの。 T: 色使いがいいですね。 M: これはジュリータに。ピンクが好きな事を知ってるから特にこの色を   選んだんだ。気に入るといいけど。 J: 気に入るに決まっているじゃない。本当にありがとう。 K: ねえみんな気が付いた?このアーティストは文字に動物を使っている   のね。 J: 私も気が付きました。素敵じゃない? M: そしてこれは、クラスメートの皆さんに。 T: サンフランシスコの旅行案内ね。ありがとう。 K: こういうの好きなの。自然の写真集。どうもありがとう。 M: どういたしまして。 S: みんなが見るように掲示板に貼り出そう。  (ジュリータが考え込んでいる) T: ジュリータ、あなたは。オフィスに貼ろうと考えているの? J: いいえ。 K: たぶん自分の部屋に貼るんでしょ。 J: そうじゃないわ。 S: じゃあどうするの? J: 私のパソコンの脇に置いておくの。  (マサルが驚く) S:(心配して)どうして。 J: だって他のラーナーたちに自分で見せるんだもの。 All: なーんだ、そうか。 人気ブログランキングへ