8/13/2012

DCEC MMD: Sports Talk



人気ブログランキングへ

今週は音声付メルマガダイアログ "Sports Talk" です。


In Dela Cruz English Club, we pride ourselves on exceptional
service and outstanding value.
And since our learners' needs always come first, we are hereby
launching a series of videos to improve English listening skill.
The topics are from our own Mail Magazine which you have grown
to love.

In celebration of the London 2012 Summer Olympics, let's
listen to our learners'chat with their teacher about sports.

下の動画から音声を聞いて質問に答えて下さい。



Did you understand the conversation?  Try answering the following questions.

1.  When did Tetsuya stop his sports activities?
  a.  Tetsuya stopped his sports activities when he got married.
  b.  He stopped when he moved to Saitama.
  c.  Tetsuya never stopped his sports activities.

2.  Why did Hiroshi cease going to the gym and playing tennis?
  a.  He became busy at work.
  b.  Hiroshi ceased going to the gym because he didn't have
      enough money to pay for it.
  c.  He stopped playing tennis because of his injury.

3.  How does Marie exercise?
  a.  By standing a lot
  b.  By doing yoga every weekend
  c.  By brisk walking when she goes shopping

4.  What kind of sports are you into?


"Sports Talk"

In Marie’s class with two gentlemen. Just before the class was
about to end.

Marie:  Oh, by the way, I wasn’t able to ask you before about what
     sports you are into.
Tetsuya:Actually, when I transferred here in Saitama, I stopped my
        sports activities. But I used to go scuba dive twice or
        thrice a year…
Marie:  I see…How about you Hiroshi?
Hiroshi:I used to go to the gym. And I also played tennis…
        However, I have been very busy with work, so I have no more
        time for sports.
Marie:  Except for your F1 race in PS2?
Hiroshi (grins): You’re right…
Tetsuya:How about you, Marie? Are you into any sports right now?
Marie:  Actually, I used to swim a lot but when I came to Japan, I
        haven’t even dipped my toes into a puddle. My only
        exercise every weekend is when I go shopping …
Hiroshi:But shopping is not a sport…
(The men laugh as Marie blushes).
Marie:  Haha! I know, but I still do some brisk walking each time!


●Useful & Humorous expression



★what sports you are into

be(またはget) into something は、話し言葉でsomething が好き、とか
興味があるということを表す表現です。こんな表現を使えるとチョットい
いですよね。

Ex. I was really into baseball when I was a high school student.
   高校生の時は、本当に野球にのめりこんでいた。




★I used to go to the gym

動詞の前にused to を使って、誰かがかつていつもやっていた事を表現し
ます。

Ex. Alice used to play the piano everyday, but she hardly ever
plays now.
   アリスは毎日ピアノを弾いていたけれども、今はほとんど弾かない。



★I haven't even dipped my toes into a puddle.

puddle は道などにできた雨水の水溜りのことです。lake や pond は知っ
ていてもpuddle はなかなか出てこないのではないですか。

Ex. Tommy walked through puddles and splashed the rainwater.
トミーは水溜りの中をばしゃばしゃと歩いた。


★Marie blushes

blush は恥ずかしくて(または動揺して)顔が赤くなる事を指します。

Ex. Satosi blushes every time he talks to Julita.
   さとしは、ジュリータに話す時いつも赤くなる。






◆「スポーツ談義」


登場人物 : M - マリー, H - ひろし, T - てつや

マリーのクラスで2人の男性ラーナーと。クラスが終わる直前
のこと。

M: ああ、ところで、さっき、2人がどんなスポーツが好きなのか
   聞けなかったわ。
T: 実は僕はここ埼玉へ引っ越した時にスポーツをやめたんだ。
  でも、以前は年に2、3回スキューバダイビングに行ってたよ。
M: わかりました・・ひろし、あなたはどう?
H: 僕はジムに通ってたよ。それから、テニスもしてたけど・・、
   仕事が忙しくなって、今はもうスポーツする時間がないんだ。
M: プレステ2のF1レース以外はね?
H (にんまり笑って):その通り・・
T: マリー、君はどう? 今、何かスポーツにはまってる?
M: 実は、以前は水泳をよくしていたのだけど、日本へ来てからは
   水溜りへつま先を浸すことさえしていないわ。毎週末の私の
   唯一の運動と言えば、ショッピングに行く時かな・・
H: でも、ショッピングはスポーツじゃないよ・・
(マリーが赤くなったので男達が笑う。)
M: あはは!分かってるわ。でも、毎回、早足のウオーキングをし
  てるわ。


人気ブログランキングへ